It’s my birthday today! Woo hoo! Last year, I wasn’t quite this excited but I’ve moved on and decided to accept the fact that nothing slows down Father Time. With each year that passes, so comes another birthday and another year older and wiser. So, to celebrate my birthday, I decided to write a post to share things that I’ve learned over the years and what this birthday means to me at this present time.
Below, I’ve listed 10 things that I’ve learned and am still learning as I get older.
1. Everyone tells me that age is just a number, I would believe that if I didn’t think feel that my body was falling apart. As you get older, the aches and pains are real! I should probably work out more…hmm.
2. I truly believe that you get wiser with age and I don’t know if that’s the case for everyone but things that used to bother me in the past don’t bother me quite as much now. I also choose my battles – let the little things go.
3. What you give is what you get. Hard work takes sacrifices and I know that I don’t work as hard as I should because frankly, I’m always tired. But when I do work hard, I get back what I put in.
4. To love deeply is to open oneself up to vulnerabilities but it’s totally worth it when you get that love back. Being a wife and mother has taught me how to truly love and be selfless. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still selfish in some ways but my family comes first, no matter what.
5. I’m my best self when I get 12 hours of sleep (yes 12!). My husband does not understand this but my brain and body do not function on little sleep. I don’t usually get that much sleep but I’ve been this way forever and I don’t see any changes so I accept it.
6. I’ve learned that not everyone has to love me or love what I do but as long as I love myself, I’m content with that.
7. Blogging is my savior. I would be bored otherwise.
8. I love helping others, it’s in my DNA. I feel joy when I can lend a helping hand, give advice or just be there to listen.
9. I have flaws and I know my flaws. I work on bettering myself everyday.
10. I do wish time would slow down a bit – these birthdays are coming way too fast for my taste but they do give me a reason to celebrate. So I will have my cake and eat it too!
My son has his school spring concert on my birthday (he plays drums and the saxophone) so I told him to think of me when he plays. That will be his special gift to me. I will also be celebrating in Jamaica next week and I am super excited. I’ve been packed since Monday; that’s how excited I am. Lol.
The dress that I’m wearing is from Shein. Not sure about my tweed obsession lately but I absolutely love this dress. The moment I saw it I was like I have to have it (you all know that commercial, hehe). Though I checked the sizing info on the site and my size was a small, I chose to get it in medium so that it would be a bit looser and I’m so happy with my decision. It zips up easily and I can move comfortably in it so I would definitely recommend sizing up. The dress is absolutely gorgeous and I have officially made it my birthday dress! The bow and lace detail at the neckline is stunning! I’ve been MIA from social media this week because it’s been crazy hectic but I hope you all are having a fabulous week so far! Thanks for visiting.
Shop the Post