This week was a particularly stressful one for me. I found that I was focusing on a lot of negatives and the more I focused on them, the worse I felt. I’ve been feeling pretty rundown lately, functioning on little sleep and overthinking every little thing. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get my mind to shut down. At one point, I began to feel so lethargic that I had no energy for the kids, my husband, let alone myself. So I took a day for myself to rest. Although it helped, it still wasn’t enough.
I realize that I need a vacation. But that’s not happening until next year so for the time being, I thought I would do something else. I decided to find a way to focus and keep my spirits up. So, I thought that I would make a list of positive things that happen to me during the week at the end of each week. This will help me shift my mind from the negative and instead replace it with feelings of gratitude.
I will post this list each Friday and although I’m listing them once a week, I will need to reflect on the positives of each day so that I have a substantial list at the end of the week. So, here goes:
Positive Things that happened this week (these are listed in no particular order).
1) My six-year old son gave me his little toy monkey to sleep with at nights so that it will remind me of him and keep me safe. Can you say cute?
2) I got a new pair of red heels in the mail. I can’t wait to wear them! Of course, that would make me happy.
3) My exhaustion forced me to take a day off and rest. I see that as a blessing.
4) I got to take a picture with Mr. Mets. Hee hee.
5) While costume shopping with my little one in an extremely overcrowded, over-heated store, I ran into a good friend and her two boys. This made the shopping so much easier because I was ready to throw my hands up and leave.
6) I checked out some really cool blogs this week and gained some really cool followers as well.
7) Yesterday, I took a really long lunch with my coworker. The weather was gorgeous so I was able to take some great photos and eat a delicious lunch! See photos below.
8) Today, I worked from home so that I could watch my son walk in his school’s Halloween parade. He was so happy to see me!
That’s all for now!
And, in honor of Halloween…
Follow me on Bloglovin!